Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My scan to network folder function no longer works. When I look into it, I get an error message when I test the Network Folder setup saying, "Incorrect credentials. Check your username/password and try again."

The username and password are unchanged. I just bought this AIO and I kinda need this function to work. I hope that 10.10 didn't just disable this function.

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hi @edyleemd ,

I see that you are having issues with scanning to the Network Folder since updating to Yosemite. I would like to help.

Please try following the steps below:

1. Create a new folder on your Computer.

2. Right click (CTRL+Left click if using the Mac keyboard) it and then select Get Info.

3. Unlock the screen, set the everyone term as Read & Write, located under Sharing & Permissions.

4. Enter System Preferences>Sharing and then select, File Sharing from the left bar.

5. Click the Options button, mark the Share files and folders using SMB. (Windows)

Enable file sharing for the specific folder and user, click the designated folder, click options, check the account name so it is active.

6. Under Shared Folders, click the Plus sign and select the configured folder.

7. Make sure that "Everyone" permissions are set to Read & Write under the Users list as well.

8. You will see the IP Address listed at the top of that screen, take a note to configure it from the EWS page.

I believe by following this path template, you should be able to set it up.

// Computer Name or the Computer's IP address/Shared-Folder-Name

or

\\ Computer Name or the Computer's IP address\Shared-Folder-Name

Find out what the computer's name is by doing the following:
Go to the Apple/About this Mac/System Report/click software on the left side/on right side it should show the computers name.

NOTE: The folder must already exist. You cannot create the folder from within the Embedded Web Server.

To find the path of the folder where the scanned images are saved, hold the ctrl button and click the new folder
created/click get info/check shared folder/then copy the path of folder.

User Name – the name you use to log into the computer.

Password – the password you use to log into the computer.

Let me know how you make out.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

tried, but don´t work for me. still not working.

my line is as following:    smb://10.0.40.61/Users/hh/Officejet8620

regards 

henrik

HP Recommended

Hi climatec,

I am not sure what other information I can provide to assist you.

Here is a post with the same issue and it was resolved in the end, that you may take a look at.

It is a Laserjet post with 10.9.

Setup scan to folder on HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276nw.

If you are still having issues, contact Apple for further assistance in creating the path and checking all the settings on the Mac.

Let me know how you make out.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I managed to find another thread with more people having the EXACT same problem. I've included a link to that thread as well.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/setup-scan-to-network-folder-yosemite/...

HP Recommended

Hi edyleemd,

I checked out the thread you provided, @hedgert ,    had provided a work around for now.

I highlight there post, so you may take a look at it.

Re: setup scan to network folder yosemite.

I will check into this issue further.

Let me know the outcome.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I haven't tried @hedgert's solution just yet, because it's slightly patchy, but I will look into it. I appreciate your intervention and you escalating the issue to other colleagues at HP.  I will keep you updated my I try the patch.

And I happened to see that you kind of got jumped on, on the other thread. Sorry about that. For end users, the Scan to Network Folder, is a big function, and speaking for myself, one of the big reasons that I purchased another HP AIO OfficeJet. This is my second go round of this same problem. I used to have a HP OfficeJet L7760 that had the same function broken when Apple changed it's use of SMB when it upgraded to its Lion version of OS X.

So the fact that this is happening again is a little disappointing. But if someone at HP can help engineer a real patch for the problem, maybe a firmware upgrade or something similarly definitive, we would all be very grateful.

Thanks,

Ed

HP Recommended

Hi @edyleemd, 

I have tested one of the wireless network printers with our lab, with a router, in a consumer environment, using Mac Filtering. I was able to successfully scan from the printer to the Network folder on Yosemite.

Here are the exact steps which I followed:

Create a folder on the desktop.
Hold down the control button and click on the folder you just created and select Get Info.
Check Share folder.
Under Sharing & Permissions select Read & Write.
Close that window.

Go to the Apple, System Preferences, Sharing.
Check File Sharing, select the folder created, then select Read & Write.
Click on options.
Check Share files and folders using SMB.
Check Share files and folders using AFP.
Below check Account name.
Then click on Done.

On the same windows, with File Sharing highlighted, to the right of that under File Sharing: ON, write down the
IP address.
Then close that window.

Open the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Click on the Scan tab.
Click on Network Folder Setup.
Delete any old entries.
Then click on New.
Display Name: Type in any display name.
Network Path: \\computer's IP\folder name
Example: \\192.168.22.104\scan
Username:Computers User name.
Password: Computers Password.
Then click on Save and Test at the bottom right corner.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have followed your recomendation step by step but did not work. The message "Incorrect credentials. Check your username/password and try again." keeps showing once I test the credentials.

After several hours of work this is very upsetting. What other option are to set up using Mac Book Pro and Yosemithe?

Thanks

LN

HP Recommended

Hi @Larc-Nasga-HP ,

I see that you are having the same issue. If any other poster on this thread is still having problems, please let me know.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.