Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8725
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi everybody,

i've bought few days ago a new HP OfficeJet Pro 8725, overall is a very good printer but in fact i've a problem during photo printing, both on photo paper and on everyday paper (attached example speaks by itself, is a scannerized paper previously printed with a solid color): printer makes horizontal lines.
I changed it once on Amazon but the issue still exists. I've performed printer heads cleaning process and realignment process but nothing is changed.

Any ideas about this?

Thanks in advance,

NiccolòHorizontalLinesExample.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Nikokazaa90

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 prints horizontal artifacts on photos,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you ensured the ink used is a genuine HP product?

Is the correct paper being used during the print?

Does the issue persist while printing via the copier instead of the use of a computer?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you might want to do:

Step 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Visit HP SureSupply to check ink or toner cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies.

1. Go to HP SureSupply.

2. If necessary, select your country/region.

Figure : Country/region selector

Selecting your country/region
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to order new supplies or check cartridge compatibility with your printer.

You can also purchase genuine HP cartridges and supplies from other retailers.

If installing genuine HP ink cartridges resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

Step 2: Make sure you are using the appropriate paper for your print job

Make sure the paper you are using is appropriate for the print job. If it is not, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thansk for the fast response.

Have you ensured the ink used is a genuine HP product?

- Yes, the ink is still the SETUP that i've found in the package.

Is the correct paper being used during the print?

- I'm using the HP Home and Office Paper (80g/m^2) to print duments.

Does the issue persist while printing via the copier instead of the use of a computer?

- Sincerily i didn't know, do you suggest, for example, to scan a photo and print this one directly without pass through the PC? I will try the solution as soon as possible and then i'll post here the result. If that was the problem how can i solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Niccolò

HP Recommended

@Nikokazaa90

Thank you for replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

As that would help us differentiate between a hardware or software malfunction.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried your solution and it works! If I print copy from my MacBook Pro artifacts appear, instead if I put the image on a USB key and after make the copy directly from USB connected to the printer the artifacts doesn't appear. How can I resolve the problem?

HP Recommended

@Nikokazaa90

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed. 

This confirms that the printer isn't the issue but the drivers are,

And hence, we need to reinstall the drivers, perhaps, you could try this link for instructions: Click here

Once you are done with the above, try this:

Check the print settings for your print job on a Mac.

1. Open a document, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.

3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:

• Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.

• Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality.

To save your settings for future print jobs, select Save in the Presets menu and then name the new preset.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, i tried to reinstall drivers but the problem remains. Furthermore i executed another test only using printer: using the "scan and print" function, i scanned a solid green square but the out print had artifacts such the first photo that i posted. Moreover i made another print of the same green square via USB and the result is good with no one artifacts.

Sincerely i don't understand the printer behaviour.

HP Recommended

@Nikokazaa90

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Don't worry, there's one more trick up my sleeve and it'll be my pleasure to share it with you,

Let's use the driver from the Deskjet 990c as that has support for the newest OS and works as an alternate driver.

Simply, select your OS and download: Click here

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.