cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
briansmartini
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m - standalone copy will initiate but not complete

On my HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m, I can get the device to indicate "Original loaded" using either the scanner glass input or the top feeder input, initiate the copy using the start button to the point where it displays "Copying 1/1" and it just sits. The output paper has fed to the ready point for the copying also. This occurs whether I select BW or Color copy. I don't believe we have gotten the copy to ever work. Hitting the cancel button ejects the output paper and resets the display to "Original loaded". Powering off and on has no effect.

Fax works fine and printing from a computer works fine. In general, copy and fax usage is never connected to our PC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 13
Level 13
6,139 6,109 492 1,037
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please perform the below steps ..

1. Remove all the documents from the TOP Feeder ( ADF ) and from the Scan Glass.
  2. Power off the printer.  Unplug the power cord from the printer.
  3. Wait for 2 minutes.
  4. Plug in the Power Cord to the printer and Power it ON.
  5. Place the document on the ADF only  and then try making a COPY . 

It should work.!!

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
briansmartini
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the input. It did not work. I'm glad I spent very little on this all-in-one. Between the endless noise that it makes when reseting and the inability to copy documents, I think it is destined for the trash.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation