cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
original21club Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 4500 G510g printing error

Hello.. i bought last week the HP officejet 4500 Alli-in-one g510g. I did the installation without problems but when i tried to print a document, the printer did nothing and when i tried to open the print queue, i got an error message "Unable to connect from the windows to the printerThe spooler service of the localprinter does not run. Restart the spooler service or restart the computer" and the printer wal lost from the printer and devices area and it's shown only as a scanner. My laptop is the HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC with windows 7 64-bit. I have made all the windows updates. I downloaded the related drivers from the HP site but during the install progress i got a message that the drivers i 've already installed (from the cd) are newer.  I also started the service spool print and i downloaded the diagnostics tool. During diagnosis the program was fixing the problem and i could see the print queue but the printer did nothing again and in the next try for printing i got the same error message as above and the printer was nowhere in the printers and devices area. I installed the printer in an other laptop and it worked fine. So there is a problem in the specific laptop. The connection is via USB port and in the properties of the printer, to the ports section, everything is fine. Could you help me please?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
141 140 15 30
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

try going to this link and downloading and installing the Print Diagnostic utility; this little HP tool will diagnose and automatically fix problems, if it can.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software/Trouble-getting-pages-to-print-Try-the-HP-P...

Regards,
HardCopy (I am employed by HP) [If this was helpful, please mark this 'Solved' or 'Accept as Solution' so others can find this too]

How to Give Kudos | How to mark as Solved
0 Kudos
original21club Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

As i wrote above, i downloaded this diagnostic utility and it fixed the problem, but in the next try for printing i got the same error message and again the diagnostic utility fixed the problem and again and again the same route..

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation