cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gsquare
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 4500 G510n scanner failure error.

HP Officejet 4500 G510n Scanner failure error msg. Tried  power off/on, reloaded software, ETC. Error msg is still there.

Device purchased 06/01/11, used by Vol. Fire Co. Computor running Windows XP. Made 1 copy with it  Sunday, tried to make another copy and nothing happened. The device will print a test page if commanded by the computor. Where do I go from here.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Binary_Zen
Level 7
821 820 33 165
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try a power reset as listed below and if it did not resolve the issue I would suggest calling technical support to service the unit.

1. Power off printer, unplug the power cable. Wait 60secs

2. Reconnect the power cable and power on the printer.

3. Copy a single page document.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
gsquare
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. I've already tried the reset you described, twice. I downloaded the diagnostic utility and it

gives me a "unknown paper feed failure". I think it's time to call HP.

Thanks anyhow. 

0 Kudos
TnTtroy
Level 4
92 90 9 21
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try to copy as suggested above?  That will go a long way in figuring out if it's a communication problem between the computer and printer or if there's something more serious going on, such as a burnt out scanner bulb

Although I am not affiliated with HP, please give Kudos if I've answered your question 🙂
0 Kudos
gsquare
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It may have a bad bulb. I can print a test page if I command it with the computor, but it won't work any other way.

scan,fax and copy inoperative.

It's call HP time.

0 Kudos
funkjosh
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

could the problem be a bad motor?  if it is a bulb or motor, is this easy to fix?

0 Kudos
TnTtroy
Level 4
92 90 9 21
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To my knowledge if a bulb goes on a printer under warranty, it's just replaced.

Turns out it's likely cheaper to do that than try to replace a bulb in one

You could check with your local computer stores though - they may have an idea for you

Although I am not affiliated with HP, please give Kudos if I've answered your question 🙂
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation