Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 6 (11,194 Views)

HP Officejet 4500 Not Responding

My HP Officejet 4500 has not been responding to any print jobs I send to it. All of my print jobs appear in my printing queue but my printer doesn't seem to recognize that anything is happening. I have set it up as wireless but I have also tried connecting the USB directly to my computer but nothing seems to work. 

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 6 (11,185 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 Not Responding

[ Edited ]

Hello Rkayl,

Thanks for the post.  I'm not sure which OS you are currently running but check the document below, it covers both MAC/WINDOWS and should assist in getting the jobs out of queue and on paper.  Good Luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02205477

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Student
Message 3 of 6 (10,012 Views)

Help

Associate Professor
Message 4 of 6 (9,925 Views)

Hi Rose613,

Thanks for the post!  Tell me a little about your situation.  I know its related to the OJ4500, what operating system are you running?  What is the issue?  Error messages, not printing, no wireless? 

Thanks Rose613!

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Student
Message 5 of 6 (8,053 Views)

Hp Officejet 4500 not responding to computer after pape rjam

Student
Message 6 of 6 (4,158 Views)

I have tried everything to get my HP 4500 to print.  Have followed all steps, reboots, downloads, etc. Align page prints, etc.

Solutions download says there are no solutions. I have had this problem, now, with my old HP 4500 and my new one. Reached a technician in India, whom I could barely understand. He told me to hire a technician for $49.  I told him to forget it that I will never ever buy another HP Product.  He hung up on me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation