cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Officejet 4500 - Where does this part go?

HP Recommended

Good day everyone.

I have been using an HP officejet 4500 for the past 5 months now and recently it is making a loud grinding noise just before it prints.

I noticed that there was a loose part knocking about in it and after a few turns I managed to get it out. 

What I need to know is where does this part go and what is its purpose if anyone knows?

Please note that the part is very small and measures just 1 inch tall as it stands in the image and .5 cm in width.

Small HP 4500 Part

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,633
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi UserX

The only thing I can provide you with is the manual for the HP officejet 4500. It doesn't provide inner parts though.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01991014.pdf

Your best option at this time would be to contact HP Tech Support to inquire about a replacement printer since it is only 5 months old.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 651
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since this part came out, I presume the printer is no longer noisy? Are you still able to print ok?

Do you know if the printer is still within warranty? Just checking with one of the guys here but it could be a part from the paper feed mechanism.

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good day all,

I typed out a detailed description of the problem then browser hanged and now it's gone. I don't feel like typing all again so long story short:

Printer still makes noise, along with f4480 and c4795 - uses same mechanism

Noise comes from cracked or broken off lever when gears turn counter-clockswise and carriage sits on right (on startup and before printing)

See photo from ifixit - I circled faulty part in green. Part too cheap, cracks easily. Hp is aware of problem ; their new printers don't use this mechanism or setup.

Lever was supposed to guide the printer carriage to the right.

The part in my fist post is not said lever. That is another story .

Thank you to all who replied, but sadly no kudos! 😞

Printer.jpg

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation