cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chipjulin Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 4500 Wireless - Error

Use Windows Vista Basic. Printer has stopped printing and does not indicatae an "error" on the printer's control panel, but does indicate an "error" on my laptop computer's control panel for the printer. The printer is an HP Officejet 4500 Wireless.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Intern Intern
Intern
42 42 1 10
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Assuming you are using the printer wirelessly, is the printer still on the network?

The blue wireless light on the printer should be solid if it is still connected.

Also you can print out a network configuration page by hitting the setup button and going into the reports menu to check as well.

If the printer is still on the network I would recommend running the Print and Scan Doctor to see what it says.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

Though I may work for HP, my opinion is my own.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,955 2,849 192 604
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi chipjulin,

What was the exact error message?

Is the printer connected wirelessly?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
chipjulin Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The error message apperars on my laptop's control panel for printers and just sayd "error" next to the icon.

Yes, the printer is connected wirelessly.

Thak you ofr your interest and assistance.

0 Kudos
chipjulin Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I am using the printer wirelessly and the blue light indicating I am on the network is solid.

I'll try the network configuration page - thanks.

I'll also try the Print and Scan Doctor.

Thanks much for your interest and help.

Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,955 2,849 192 604
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi chipjulin,

Are you able to make a photocopy?  If so, I suggest that you  Clear the Print Queue  and then do a Network Reset (before anything else) as described in the following link.  Click Here  Are you able to print?

Here is a link for the User's Guide for your printer.  Click Here  See page 126 if you need help printing the Network Configuration Report. 

Network Configuration Report

1. Did everything pass? 
  2. What is the signal strength?
  3. What is the IP address?

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

1. Did a window open that had a button labeled "Fix Printing"?
  2. What were the results?
Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation