cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
buckeye9263
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 4500 Wireless "scanner failure, unable to scan, copy, or send a fax"

its an officejet 4500 g510n-z all in one wireless.i cant get it to do anything. when i turn it on the error message comes up. scanner failure unable to scan copy or send a fax.  i ran a fax test report and it passed the fax test. I also tried unplugging and replugging it in and then plugged it in directly to a different wall outlet but still get the same error message. I can clear the error message by pressing the ok button, but it still wont work. if I try to send a fax and enter the fax # and press the green button this message comes up. fax from glass? 1=yes 2=no i select 2 and this message comes up. load originals in document feeder. well i have loaded them into the feeder but I get nothing. HELP ME PLEASE

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
FixPrint
Level 7
811 840 61 148
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 4500 Wireless "scanner failure, unable to scan, copy, or send a fax"

Hi buckeye9263,

I hate to hear you are having issues.  Click Here to complete steps specific to this issue.  If you are still experiencing issues the unit will most likely need to be replaced, however we can try a semi-full reset.  If successful this would restore defaults and clear the memory of the printer. I can send the steps in a private message; however this would require you to agree not to publish the steps.

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation