Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4620
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello,

I've been using my HP 4620 Officejet for quite some time and now it is acting up. I recently replaced an empty 364 XL black cartirdge with a new one and suddenly it won't print in black. Tried turning on and off, hard reset, cleaning the pinhead and stuffs, resetting to default and nothing works. Thinking that the problem might be on the cartridge I ordered a new one and the problem is still not solved. Please, if you have any such experience share the solution. My error message says as such : There is a problem with the printer or the ink system. Try turning off....... Error: 0xc19a0013

Regards,

Albert

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @albertains, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are getting black ink system failure on your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Removing the ink cartridges and checking for an error message can help diagnose the printer issue. Take the ink cartridges out of the print carriage, and then check the printer control panel or computer for an error message.
Open the ink cartridge access door.
Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you proceed.
To remove the ink cartridge, press the tab on the front of the ink cartridge to release it, and then remove it.
If an orange tab is attached to any ink cartridge, remove it.
Place the ink cartridges on a clean piece of paper upside-down with the ink opening pointing up.
   CAUTION:
Do not leave the ink cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. Doing so can result in damage to both the printer and the ink cartridges.
Close the ink cartridge access door.
Check the printer control panel for any error messages.
If the printer displays an Ink System Failure message on the control panel, skip to the step to Update the printer firmware.
If the message is to Replace the K,Y,M or Ink Cartridge, continue to the next step.

If the issue still persists, please update the printer firmware using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot,

thank you for your help. I did the steps as described and the printer gave me an error message as as such : There is a problem with the printer or ink system. I took that as ink system failure and proceeded to update the firmware using the link you gave me. Unfortunately this still has not solved the problem.

HP Recommended

@albertains, Thanks for trying out the steps.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

It certainly looks to be a hardware issue with the printer. 

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a pleasant day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.