cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Officejet 5510 all-in-one drivers for Snow Leopard (10.6)

HP Recommended

Just to register interest in getting driver support for HP Officejet 5510 all-in-one for Mac OS X 10.6 (to add to the growing list by the look of things!)

I have an HP Officejet 5510 that is (about 5 years old) worked perfectly on Leopard

Surprised having just upgraded to discover that it is not supported (should have checked the forums or is that fora)

Do we have a definitive answer as to whether this printer will be supported ? 

Not shown as a supported printer currently

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#HP

Apple suggest checking with HP

Don't really want to buy an a new printer (especially as I have plenty of spare print cartridges - which probably cost more than the printer!)

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Level 7
734 730 61 223
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

the HP Officejet 5510 will be supported with Snow Leopard.  Unfortunately, the new drivers did not make it onto the 10.6 DVD but will be provided in the near future from Apple Software Updates.  

The document found at  HP Printing Products - HP peripherals with print drivers included in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard details the models supported in 10.6.

I'll post an update asap when I have more schedule info, thanks for your patience,

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP) 

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the update

Any ballpark timelines ?  Days/Weeks/Months ?

0 Kudos
Level 7
734 730 61 223
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I can't give you a hard date.  I know that both HP and Apple are both working on it, so I don't expect there to be a long wait.  
0 Kudos
6 6 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just bought an Epson BX600FW which works great and for £95 ($155 including taxes). I can't wait until someone at HP decides to randomly support my 5510. I had been an HP customer for printers for the last 15 years but was disappointed about being left out in the cold since the printer was only about 2.5 years old. Epson was very responsive and suggested this model for my needs. One thing that I like about the Epson printer is the fact that there are three individual colour cartridges (so when yellow runs low you replace yellow as oppose to having to replace one colour cartridge). I would question this unique HP customer strategy. 
0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Just wanted to post to this link so you (and the powers at HP) know that I am checking it almost daily! I need the driver for 10.6. Please hurry!!
0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

it's already there since 2 days: You can find it on the Officejet 5510 driver page.

regards,

Joscha 

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Downloaded the new Officejet 5510 drivers from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=219&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&product=311255

Installed and printing now working

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My hope rose when I saw the solution as I could not scan on the 5510. But downloaded link given, restarted computer and found that the 5500 series printer had vanished completely from the printer set up and I could neither print nor scan. What is wrong? I have a MacBook pro laptop with 10.6.1. Thanks for any advice. I am desperate and seriously wondering whether I should try to migrate back to 10.5 via time machine.
0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Biggles solution, below, does not work for me as I cannot scan which is important for me. Downloading his suggestion wiped out my 5510 series icon completely and left only a Canon icon which is for a printer I use in another location (I have yet to find out whether that will print). So I could not even print. I then downloaded another driver and I can now print and copy but still not scan. I need optical character recognition and am lost. How can we pressurise HP and Mac to come up with a solution?

Biggles did not say specifically whether the scanning option worked after his download.

All advice welcome. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation