cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sispoor
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series will not print photos

HP Officejet 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

will not print photos from photo tray.  It always prints with the paper even though i check photo tray it says to load paper.   When I remove the regular paper it will then print from photo tray.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,623
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @sispoor,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print to the photo tray unless you remove the paper from the main tray. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Make sure the HP driver is installed and not the preinstalled Windows drivers from Devices and Printers. Let me know how the printer name is listed.

Try the steps listed in this document for printing from Windows Photo Viewer: Printing Photos.

What application are you using?

Please click the "Thumbs Up" to thank me for my efforts! If this helps you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution". Keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sispoor
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer  I used the cd that came with the printer to install printer.  regular pages print fine. Just the photo tray printing is not working properly.  Using windows 10.  Checked the photo paper install and it was good./  Please help.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,623
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying back @sispoor.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results of the Print and Scan Doctor.

If you are still having issues, I would suggest to uninstall and install the latest drivers: OJ5740_117.exe

Try printing from Windows Photo viewer again to see if you have the same results.

Let me know the outcome. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation