Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (214 Views)

HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One network connectivity

I am running a Mac and when I attempt to uninstall the software so that I can reinstall so that I can re set up my printer to connect through the network, it says that I can't open the uninstall application because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

Before I tried this i printed the network configuration page and it came back with 0.0.0.0 for the URL and IP.

As an aside, I am connecting the printer to my system which is conencted to my network. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (178 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One network connectivity

Hello billboyd,
Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're having an issue uninstalling your printer from your Mac computer, and setting it up wirelessly. I will do my best to help you with this.

To assist you better on this issue, could you please provide the OS X version that's running on your computer. OS X: Finding your OS version and build information.

In regards to the PowerPC message that you received, I was able to locate an Apple Forums post explaining that after Mac OS 10.7, it is no longer supported. Here is the link: PowerPC applications are no longer supported!!!, in case you wish to read about that.

I look forward to your reply, and working with you to resolve this. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation