Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

does my HP officejet 6310 have wireless capabilities?

knickle

HP Recommended

No, but it can connect to a wireless router with an Ethernet cable.  After doing that all computers will be able to use the printer regardless of how they connect to the wireless router.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi,  I have lost the owners manual to my HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One.  I have the ethernet cable plugged into the back of my wireless cable modem.   How do i get\see the IP assigned to the printer?

Thanks
Wade

HP Recommended

Reboot the router by pulling its power plug momentarily.

Now, print a Network Test Report from the Network menu on the front of the printer.  Does it show being connected with a valid IP address (not 0.0.0.0 nor 169.254.x.x)?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

This setup lets me print on OSX Lion, which is great. But I cannot scan. Your videos show that there should be a tab at the top of the print config page, but that does not appear for me.

The videos also say I should connect via bonjour but the printer does not list. I have to use the IP settings.

I'm also using a 6310 connected via ethernet to my router.

The update to Lion seems to have killed scanning.

HP Recommended

Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

Finally, this may help: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04510394

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I perform your steps and the printer appears but it shows its "kind" as "HP Fax" not bonjour. Should I add this? This is not what the video says should happen.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

If you are using Snow Leopard or Lion and have HP software for pre-Snow Leopard (either from a CD not marked as compatible with 10.6/10.7 or you recently upgraded to Snow Leopard or Lion and had the HP software on your Mac before you upgraded - even if you did a standard uninstall of the old software or installed new software over the top of it) you must uninstall the software using the 'scrubber' option:

Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller
Click on Continue
Highlight your device on the left pane
Press and hold Control + Alt + Cmd keys on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on Uninstall <<<< This IS the Scrubber Option, there is no button labeled "Scrubber"
There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
Click Continue and let it finish

Restart your Mac

Now reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

What if I've already uninstalled with out this option? Now I have no uninstaller app.

Keep the great advice coming 🙂

Feels like we're getting close.

Erik

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.