Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (709 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 A Plus

Hello , not a computer guy but bought this printer from cosco on the hp reps advice, I do not own a landline, and wanted the ability to send and receive fax through my laptop. I use my Android phone on the 3G network as my wireless connection using easy tether, the printer recognizes the wireless connection as I run the usb cord to the back of the printer from the laptop.

(My Android is plugged into the laptop via a usb port and then the printer is plugged into the laptop via a second port).The Wireless  Network Test Report passed but I cannot send a fax.

Pleas can anyone help I really don't want to have to box this thing back up and return it, I have searched the forum and user guide surely I`m not the only one out there without a landline or standard wireless router!!

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation