Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 6500 E709n printer and for some reason the black ink is not printing.  The color cartridges work fine.  I even changed the black cartridge, cleaned and aligned the print heads, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, but nothing fixed the issue.  I was wondering if the color management profile has something to do with this.  Please help!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mickicarter wrote:

Tell me how to fix this problem.

See the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

201 REPLIES 201
HP Recommended
Hi when cleaning the inktheads was there black in on the page? Anf what happens when you make a copy on the unit itself?

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

No black at all for copies or on the page when cleaning print heads.  Sorry, should have included that.

HP Recommended

Im actually having the same problem. Except when I do the "Setting>Tools>Cleanheads" it prints out the test page after just fine. But when I go back to do my own print it  starts printing fine for the first quarter of the page then goes blackless.

Hope we can find a resolve. Its really annoying me.

HP Recommended

I hear you.  I hope someone can help.  I've had the printer for a few years and had to replace it once for connectivity issues.

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem. I too, have tried installing a new black ink catridge, taking out the printer head and cleaning it by hand, cleaning the printer head using the HP software, doing a partial reset, doing a hard reset and nothing. Black does not print out at all, whether it's an alignment page, quality report or something from my own files (Word, Excel, PDF, etc). The black does not appear at all. Can someone PLEASE help solve this problem?

Thank you

HP Recommended

i am having the same issues.  I already spent over 80 bucks on black cartridges and still doesn't work.  Does anyone know why it wont print in black?

HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 6500 E709n printer is also not printing black ink.  It was working fine on Thursday, but when I tried to print on Saturday (3/24), it wouldn't print.  I cleaned the print heads, the alignment failed (several times).  Another thing that I noticed is that my Windows 7 64 bit is now not recognizing my printer drivers despite me deleting and reloading the drivers both wireless and via USB cable.  I've never had my printer not print black ink before but I constantly have the issue of Win7 not recognizing printer drivers--usually occurs after a critical MS update.  This is getting to be a tiresome problem!  Any suggestions are appreciated!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

That's interesting about Windows.  I recently loaded updates and I wonder if something there is causing the printers not to print black.  I don't know how that could be, but maybe the color profiles are messed up.  Does anyone know a technician at Microsoft you could ask about this?  I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem, except I am using a Macbook Pro. I get a light print about a quarter of the page and then it's completely black despite the printer sounding like it's working. This problem started just this week. I have cleaned the printerheads and replaced the cartridge. I hope someone

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.