Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The paper will not feed into the printer.  I looks like the feeding mechanism that drops down on the paper with rollers that rotate and feed the top page into the printer is not turning.  I am not sure if this mechanism is jammed or if a belt is not connected.  I have no way of cleaning it or reaching it since it is inside the printer enclosure.  Any recommendations? 

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

I've got the exact same problem on my 6500.  You can see that the Feed rollers aren't turning.  If you manually feed paper in, it prints fine.  It was a great printer until today.

HP Recommended
I hate to trash a printer that has been pretty good up to this problem. Where are all the HP Experts, do they monitor and lend a hand with these types of issues?
HP Recommended

Any working fixes? 

HP Recommended

This seems to be a common issue... is this repairable?  I've got the same problem.

This is specifically as stated that the rollers that drop down to push the paper into the feeder no longer turn.

HP Recommended

HI, DID YOU EVER GET A RESPONSE?  I GUESS MY QUESTION IS, DO I NEED TO JUST GO BUY ANOTHER PRINTER?

THANKS

HP Recommended
DID YOU GET A RESPONSE?
HP Recommended

I got a private message from someone at HP - afaik it was legit - but only just responded, so haven't received any response yet.

This seems to be a common issue and almost appears as a defect in this part of the printer warranty aside.

HP Recommended
Thanks again. I guess I'll give it a few days and than go to Amazon for another printer.
HP Recommended

Sorry  for the delayed response.  I was not able to fix the problem and HP does not seem to have any answers.  I tossed the printer in the trash and bought a new one.  That is likely the HP desired course of action.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.