cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LAChase
Level 1
4 2 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Officejet 6500 Paper Pickup Rollers not working

HP Recommended

Paper pickup rollers not working due to the main drive gear wheel.

Have you ever tried to open up this HP Printer to work on it?

Looks like that it is so sticktly manufactured that it is totally impossible for a man on the street to open it up.

Nobody other than a skilled HP Tech with specialized tools could ever open it up.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,410 6,384 513 1,113
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

If you see the main drive gear wheel dislocated / broken, then the printer is beyond repair.

You might have to call HP Tech Support for further assistance. ( USA ) 1-800-474-6836

If you are in USA, you may be provided with a Trade in option.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
JamBro
Level 1
5 5 0 6
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
dkilroy905
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My paper pickup roller is not rolling. How can I get into it to see what is broken?

0 Kudos
rob_k
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the guts of the printer is a small plastic gear that drives the paper feed roller. This gear can slide sideways on the metal shaft that drives it until it no longer engages with the rest of the gears in the paper feed. If you remove the output tray, then holding a flashlight, you can observe the paper feed roller and see if it actually turns.

If the gear has moved sideways, you can probably push it back with a screwdriver.

I went a little further and carefully  drilled an access hole in the underside of the computer. I then applied superglue to the shaft before I pushed the gear back in place. 

See this thread: 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-Officejet-6500A-Plus-does-not-feed-paper/td-p/29153...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation