Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (610 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless E709n - Scanning Problems

Hi,

I have a MacBook and use Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

I've had the Officejet 6500 for a while now, and it mostly works great. It prints great. But the scanning is the problem. I just want to scan some photos. And about a month ago, I would have been able to. But my dad fiddled around with the printer and know it won't allow me to scan anything to my computer. If I select Scan, it takes me to Scan Menu: Select computer. I then hit 'OK' and I get the following message: No Scan Options, Refer to Device Documentation for Troubleshooting. Any help here?

If I insert an SD card (like the ones used in digital cameras), the printer will allow me to scan to the card. But when I put the card into a camera so I can connect the camera to the computer and upload the photos, the scans don't show up anywhere. Not on the camera and not on my computer. Am I scanning them incorrectly. I've been doing the following: Scan > Scan Menu. Then I arrow over until it says "Scan to memory Device." I hit "OK" then under "Scan Quality" I select "Photo." Then, under "Doc Type" I select "JPEG" and under "Paper Size" I select "Automatic". Then I press "Scan" and the scanner does its stuff and a message appears that says "Scan saved to memory device". But when I try to check the memory device on a camera or computer, the scans are no where to be found.

Does anyone have any tips or help for me? I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation