Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (203 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 software installation issues

Ever since an automatic update to correct communications issues (so it said) I have been unable to communicate with my printer. It downloaded, installed and never worked again, and if I uninstall the software, and try to reinstall it, I get an error "Fatal error during installation Found a newer version of the same software on this machine. Quitting" even though I have removed it. I have gone so far as to use OJ6500vE709_Corporate_Scrubber_14 all the way to level 4 I have been trying to install any version available, no luck, OJ6500vE709_Corporate_64bit_14 and the full version I do this for a living, and this thing has me stumped, I have even gone in and manually cleaned it out, no luck One step away from reinstalling the OS Windows 7 6 gigs of ram 118 gigs of free space on C
0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (195 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 software installation issues

Error Situation Code: 08905047 Would be nice if the error screen text could be cut and pasted, quite long
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation