Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
50 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 6500A Plus E710n-z Error 3: Failed to copy port Monitor files

The printer quit printing articles off of the internet and when I tried to reinstall the program I received the Error message 2147467259: Failed to find driver package to process. I clicked on the OK I received another message "Install Custom Action: Copy Port Monitor files: 3=Copy File(Scr:C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z\Bin\HP Disco PM 5412.dll Dst.C:\WINDOWS\system32\HP Disco PM5412.dll) Error 3: Failed to copy port Monitor files. I'm running a HP Pavilion p6-2378 PC Windows 8.1 64-bit. Is there a solution out there for this situation?

D_O_C

6 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3707 238 417
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello D_O_C,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to install the Officejet 6500A Plus and you're receiving a couple of error messages on your computer. I will do my best to assist you!

In order to fix this error, you need to access your registry on your computer. This will be your preference, to how comfortable you're performing this step. Always back up the registry before making changes. Please follow this HP document on Backing Up, Editing, and Restoring the Windows Registry (Windows 8.1).

Next, locate this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

Look for the names ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir (x86). Make sure in their data column, their destinations are set to C:\\Program Files and C:\\Program Files (x86). If not, please right-click on the name and select modify, then type in the right path: C:\\Program Files and C:\\Program Files (x86).

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
Tags (1)
Intern
Intern
50 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Cheetah12,

I done as you suggested but no go. In the control panel for the printer icon it shows just a folder and I still can't go into my programs and click on print becauce when I do the print setup disappears. It may be they want me to buy a new printer, I don't know but if you can think of anything else let me know.

D_O_C

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3707 238 417
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for this updated information.

As you stated in your post: In the control panel, the printer icon shows just a folder and you cannot click on print since the print setup disappears. If so, then I would recommend uninstalling your operating system. Please follow this Microsoft document here.

Good luck.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Intern
Intern
50 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your input but I gave my printer to my Stepson as he didn't have one and I purchased myself a new printer.

D_O_C

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
50 0 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Cheetah12,

I think I remember when I started having trouble with the printer. About three or four weeks ago on my Yahoo news it said that Microsoft had some security issues with the Internet Explorer and I had got about fifteen or sixteen security updates from Microsoft right after that and my printer quit functioning properly, because I went to print an article the printer program came up but when I clicked the button to print it disappeared. I then tried to reinstall it and without any success.I hope this gives you a little more information.

D_O_C

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
50 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Cheetah12,

A correction to the time frame of the Microsoft Updates, it was on May the 16th when they dumped 15 updates in the system that was before I changed the settings on the updates to let me review the updates I wanted to install. Thank you for help.

D_O_C

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation