cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alpha_Beta
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Officejet 6700 Premium No Power No Response Unless Stood On End

HP Officejet 6700 Premium

So I have an HP Officejet 6700 Premium that was working fine and suddenly stopped working. The power module is fine, green LED is on, verified good. I tried all the inane suggestions on the HP support site so I know the outlet is working, the power module is powering but the printer power button does not respond. Opening the doors or cover causes no response. Totally D.O.A.; that is until I stand the printer on end (discovered this while getting ready to toss it across the room). If I stand the printer on its end it sometimes suddenly powers up and starts its (way too long) self-checking routine. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of a solution? The printer is out of warranty and when I called HP support they told me to throw it away and buy another. Clearly it seems like something is simply loose in the power area since when it's vertical it seems to be fine. I don't mind paying to have it fixed but the support rep seemed uninterested in repairing the printer as an option.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 982
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @Alpha_Beta,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are running into some hardware issues on your HP Officejet 6700 Premium. It is unresponsive until it is on it's side. You have contacted technical support and the printer is out of warranty.

Try and perform a Hard Reset:

1. Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.

3. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

4. After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

Does this work? If you are still unable to use the printer, as it is out of warranty I would contact them and look at all your options as it is not a fixable part. As you said sounds electrical, something inside.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Alpha_Beta
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for the suggestions. Oddly enough the HP support site article I read suggested resetting the power module but not the printer as you suggested. After performing the steps you suggested I was able to power on the printer consistently in the normal operating position. Thanks again. 

Happy Holidays/Merry christmas

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation