cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
slas
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Officejet 6700 Premium - won't make copies from the glass or feed tray

HP Recommended

I have resently purchased an HP Officejet 6700 Premium , print, fax, scan, copy, web.

I have printed reports and documents from my computer with no problems but I can't get it to just make a copy.  The screen on the printer shows the HP symbol and a circle swirling around it as if thinking and that is it.  I am connected to the printer wirelessly but that is regardless considering I'm just trying to make a copy.  Screen shows that the power, wireless and then a red X on the right side of screen.  That is all.  I can't get it to stop unless I turn the machine off.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jamieson
Retired
Retired
8,276 7,338 382 840
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @slas , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you're having copy issues. I would love to try and help you, but I do need a little information first.

I am linking a few HP Support documents below that will show you how to find which operating system you are using. Also, if you're using Windows, please include whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

In the meantime, I'd recommend performing a power reset on the printer.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

Please let me know what you find.  Thanks again for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
0 Kudos
Charlie81
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seems like the light bar is not lite  for scanning to print

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation