Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Device stopped copying.  Continues to scan and print.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ronkay

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the HP Officejet 6700 premium will not copy, although It does scan and print,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you clean the scanner glass, the LID and the scan feeder?

Have you cleaned the ADF rollers?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can try:

Step 1: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Step 2: Clean the ADF rollers

Dust or paper residue on the rollers or separator pad inside the automatic document feeder (ADF) can result in copy quality issues. Open the ADF, and then clean the ADF rollers and separator pad.

Step 3: Change the copy settings

Changing the copy settings, if available, might improve copy quality. Not all printers have the option to change copy quality settings, and some printers have more or less quality options. For specific steps, refer to the printer user guide on HP.com.

Step 4: Change the paper settings

Paper type and size in the input tray that do not match the paper type and size settings on the printer control panel can result in copy quality issues.

Check the paper settings on the printer control panel. For specific steps, refer to the printer user guide on HP.com.

1. On the printer control panel, touch or press the Setup or Settings button or icon.

2. Select Paper Setup, and then select Def. paper size.

3. Select the paper size that is in the input tray, and then press the OK button.

4. Try to copy again.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 5: Reset the printer

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate which might fix the problem.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.