Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet 6700 premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, any advice greatly appreciated.  The printer is connected to my wireless network, but other computers cant connect to it. sometimes not even finding it. What could be wrong.....please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @blightfoot66 – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I see that you are having trouble installing the wireless printer. Let's start by assigning a static IP to the printer. Follow the steps below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address).
  • Restart the printer and router.

Now, follow the steps below to reinstall the printer drivers:

·         First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

·         Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.

·         Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

·         Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

·         Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

·         Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

·         Restart your computer.

·         Now click http://hp.care/2q2Dkk0 to download and install the full feature software.

·         Select "Wireless" on the connection type screen and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

D Vortex,

thank you for your suggestion above. Can I just clarify that my main computer is atatched to the printer via a usb cable (hard wired), so have no problems printing to the main computer.

My family have a total of three laptops and it is them who are unable to print wirelessly. I can follow your idea above, but should i be trying it on the main computer (hard wired) or on the other laptops that cant connect?

Advice greatly appreciated

Brian

HP Recommended

Hello, @blightfoot66

You need to try these steps on the laptops which are connected to the network. 

The first set of instructions (assigning static IP) needs to be done only once. The second set of instructions needs to be done on both the laptops. Also, make sure the printer is connected to the network before you attempt these steps.

Let me know how that goes!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Dvortex, I cant get past first base  Printer address is 192.168.1.71, but this page will not open in a web broweser...

Any clues,

blightfoot66

HP Recommended

Hello, @blightfoot66

It looks like the printer and the laptops are connected to different networks. Or else, might be some issues with the IP address. Let's start with a network power drain on the printer. Here are the steps:

1.      Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.

2.      Wait for 2-3 minutes.

3.      Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.

4.      Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.

5.      Then turn on the printer and other devices.

Now, check the IP address of the printer again. Try accessing the printer EWS now and see if that works.

If still cannot access the network, then it could be possible that the printer and the laptops are connected to different networks. Follow the steps below to reconfigure the printer wireless setup.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

2. Touch the right arrow  to display the second navigation screen.

3. Touch Setup , and then touch Network.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch Continue. (It might say that the wireless is already configured, but ignore and proceed) The Wireless Setup Wizard searches for networks and then displays them in a list.

5. If necessary, touch the down arrow  to scroll through the network names until you find yours.

6. Touch the name of your network, and then touch OK. (Check the network on your laptop to make sure you are connecting to the same network)

7. If prompted, enter the WEP key or WPA key to connect the printer.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.