Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (650 Views)

HP Officejet 6700

HP Officejet 6700 Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer Windows 7.

When I look at the display the words  "original loaded" are there even if there is no document in the feeder .I can still print but if I copy something from the feeder after the page is feed through the feeding mechanism does not stop running, I have to press cancel to stop it. I cannot used the flat bed scanner because when I press scan the paper feeder starts running. I have disassembled and reassembled the paper feeder with no luck.

Is there away to reset the device? I think it is a hard or software problem rather than some thing stuck.

Is there a # for HP support I cannot find one on the support site.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (637 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6700

[ Edited ]

Hi Barry,

You could try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  Does that help?

If not, you could do a Semi Full Reset.  If successful, this would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory.  If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected.  If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps in a private message to your HP Forums in-box.  I would need you to agree not to publish the steps.  Let me know what you decide.

You can call HP Support in the US or Canada using 800-474-6836.  From other countries you can look here ==>  Contact HP Worldwide. 

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation