cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
an0n
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Officejet 7500a - "Cartridge Belt" Snapped - HELP!

HP Recommended
Officejet 7500a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello All!

When attempting to print today I noticed that the printer was not actually functioning.
An error appeared on the screen of the printer stating "A Carriage Jam" had occurred.
Upon opening the printer up, it became evident that a component within the printer had snapped.

Could someone please assist in answering the below questions:

1.) Am I right in thinking this component is known as the "Cartridge belt"
2.) Is this a readily available, replaceable item?
2a.) If so, is there any material (Videos, How-To's) that could aid in replacing this?

(SEE IMAGES BELOW)

http://imgur.com/a/QmE7V

http://imgur.com/a/w4kGo

Thanks,
an0n

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @anon,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you have a broken belt. I would like to help.

There aren't any service manuals available.

I have provided you with a link to the Parts Surfer website and HP Parts Store to see if there are any available parts.

Welcome to HP PartSurfer !

HP Parts Store.

If not, you can contact HP Customer Support to find out what service or trade-in options are available. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
CADmanCapeTown
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi All

Does anyone know were I can buy a replacement cartridge belt,   the belt started slipping, as a result the gears stripped the teeth on the belt. Need a new belt. I've tried the HP part surfer but with no success.  

(wide format A3 printer)

(I'am not impressed that it is so difficult to find a belt even at HP. 

Does this mean I need to buy a new printer just because HP cannot supply a belt.)

Please help

0 Kudos
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 971
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation