cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
papyrusaurus
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Officejet 8040 Touch screen malfunction

HP Recommended
HP Offiejet 8040

I was printing off some work this morning, when I realized that I had bungled up the colors and needed to cancel the print job before I wasted any more expensive paper.  Gave the touch screen cancel button a touch and nothing.  Tried a few more times and still nothing.  No worries, it could still be cancelled via the printer dialog on my laptop. Made my fixes, and sent the print job again.  Only to be told to change the cartridge.  Switched it out, only to find that the touch screen is still not working and I can't hit okay to start the cartridge alignment or even go back to the print job.  Powered the printer off and on via the power button.  The "new cartridge installed" screen obviously pops back up, and still the touch screen did not work so I was stuck again.   Powered off and disconnected the power supply for a few seconds.  Reconnected and powered back up, and still having the same issue.  Touch screen is absolutely unresponsive.   

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the power on, unplug the unit from the wall outlet.  Wait 10 minutes.   Plug the unit back into the wall outlet not using any power strip or surge protector.  Power the unit up it it does not.  Status now?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation