Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can confirm that I got this working by using the Basic drivers for the 8600. Thanks for the suggestion, I waisted too much time trying to figure this one out.  

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL40129/bi-108860-3/OJ8600_Basicx64_1315.exe 

HP Recommended

I ran into this probem as well. I tried everything and nothing worked. I called my tech guy in and after 2+ hours he found a solution. Since the driver doesn't support remote printing with the 8610 he rolled back to the 8600 driver on both the server and local machine and it worked.

HP Recommended

I have a client that is using the 8610 via wireless, and it too will not print from an RDP Session.  He is running Windows 8.

I tried using the 8600 Driver, but it did not work.  It was like it got confused.  Will the 8600 driver work when the device is connected via wireless?  I had another client with this issue, but the printer was directly connected.  When I changed to the 8600 Driver on that one (on Win7), it printed fine from an RDP Session.  However, this wireless setup (on Win8) is not working.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Steve

HP Recommended

This is still an issue.... anyone found an ACTUAL solution ?

2 windows 7 pro 64bit computers.

Both use the same exact driver (basic), even redownloaded and installed in both.

Printer queue shows the jobs, but nothing prints.

To add to the confusion and frustration it worked once after reinstalling, one page, then done.

Auto update is disabled.

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem with my HP envy 5530 and RDP Rome Desktop

I think there is a real issue and HP has to look at it and provide a solution or a fix.

HP Recommended

After searching waaay too long for this problem I found your post and can confirm this. Drivers for 8610 do not work, basic drivers for 8600 work...

HP Recommended

I can also confirm that Basic drivers for the 8600 solved RDP printnig problem for OfficeJet 8610 printer. Thanks!

HP Recommended

17 months after the last reply

same here...

Everything appers to be normal re print ques, but no paper exits the printer.

win 7 64 bit with 8610 as network printer , remote host    xp pro sp3, prints as expected.

Replace remote host with win7 pro - no print - .

One of you used this driver only  download

HP Officejet Pro 8600/Plus/Premium e-All-in-One Printers - N911a-n Basic Driver
Version: 28.8 Nov 13, 2015 OJ8600_Basicx64_1315.exe (30.0 MB)

There is also a 13.0.0 for 8600 K pro

What steps did you use to remove the 8610 driver and replace with 8600 driver ?

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.