cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PJBSMC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 8630 - Extremely Slow Printing

I have 4 of these printers and one is extremely slow to print - more than 2 minutes per page.  I have run scan doctor, havbe checked the print setting everything checks out normal. What is my next step?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
9,294 7,777 397 979
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PJBSMC,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you have 4 of the HP Officejet 8630's, they all print fine however one prints extremely slow.  

My first recommendation is to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools

-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Now go ahead and perform an alignment from the front panel of the OJ 8630:

Setup Menu > Tools > Align Printhead

I would like you to try a test print, did this speed up for you or are you still experiencing the slow printing issue? If the printing is still slow please leave me with the following information:

1. What is your current Operating system, Windows or Mac and which version?

2. How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

3. Do you get any error message when you attempt to print?

I hope to hear from you soon!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
PJBSMC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Aligning the print heads did not help.  The test page printed fine, trying to print anything else still is extremely slow.

1. What is your current Operating system, Windows or Mac and which version?  Windows XP Professional

2. How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless? USB, and power source plugged in to wall

3. Do you get any error message when you attempt to print? No error messages

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
9,294 7,777 397 979
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PJBSMC,

Thank you for trying my recommendations, please continue below:

Slow Printing in Windows: Computer Issues

If after the troubleshooting has been completed and you are still experiencing the slow printing, please contact

our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation