Note on archived topics.
07-13-2012 05:44 PM
Following msg appears: A required software component was not found or was improperly installed. Have tried to reinstall the HP Photosmart software but did not fix the problem. Following error msg appears: 4,[(2,0,80040154,(0,0,0),(3,56,0)]. Operating system is VISTA 32bit. Any suggestions?
07-16-2012 05:40 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 09:12 PM by OscarFuentes
This is going to be a hard one to fix. I wanted you to know that before you start. I've done some research and it looks like the problem is in a corrupted registry file. This means that the registry needs to be cleaned out before you install the printer. What your saying now is, "But the printer is already installed," and I'm well aware of that, but you will need to uninstall the printer first. Once the printer is uninstalled, the registry needs cleaned, as already stated. You can clean the registry manually, just make sure you have every instance of HP software removed form it. That can take a long while to search through and delete manually. Another option would be to use a tool to clean it up. Everyone has there own preferance of registry cleaning software, so use what is comfortable for you. I would recommend Advanced System Care from iObit if you don't have one in mind already. Once the registry is cleaned, you will need to reinstall the software, and I would suggest using a downloaded version of the drivers, since they will be the most up to date. Let me know what happens.
02-14-2013 05:24 AM
i was trying to find a solution to a problem i have with my printer and i found this post at forum....
i have HP J4680 all-in-one series and recently i put at my pc windows 7-32b...
as i saw the cd installer i had could not be used on windows 7, i downloaded the drivers for my occassion..
OJJ4600_Full_14 and i installed the printer...
thing is i got same message (on greek) about HP Photosmart etc....
i called HP service in Greece but they didn't achieve to help me as they did not had a problem like this before and could not understand why it refered to HP Photosmart software....
anyway,i try to find solution so i read this reply and downloaded the ASC cleaner registry as suggested...
i run this program and scanned-fixed by ticking the "Registry Fix" and later on the "Registry Defrag" just in case...
should i reinstall the driver as you said or there might be other issue as i have windows 7 and not vista?
please help wit details of what should i do cause i've been through trouble for many days-weeks with this issue...
if you can notify me by email about your respond it would be appreciated 🙂
Thanks on advance,Lazaros from Greece
02-14-2013 11:12 AM
You should be okay to go ahead and reinstall the printer. If it doesn't work, I have some other things that you can try. I will need some more information from you though. I'll need to know who manufactured your computer. This is important, because the wrong steps could delete important files, so I have to make sure to give you the right ones. Let me know what happens when you try to reinstall, and you and I will go from there.
02-25-2013 04:39 AM
Hi there...i tried to clean registry and reinstall the driver but same problem and same message i got about HP Photosmart..
about your question "who manufactured the pc"..it was bought by a friend's computer shop and recently i changed the windows from XP to 7-32bit...
*from HP official service from Greece, they told me after few efforts by phone, that the problem must have to do with the installation of win 7 and that i should try to download and istall a different win 7 installer
02-25-2013 07:25 PM
Try using the scrubber built into the CD or Download.
From original printer installation CD:
1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer
2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for non-HP computers. For HP computers run the Uninstall_L3.bat
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
9. Use this tool to clean the registry. Note: This utility is not HP sponsored or approved. HP and I are not responsible for damages or loss of data caused by the utility. This step is optional. You can skip it if you want.
10. Download the full feature software and drivers
11. Run the download to reinstall the printer
From a download:
1. Run disk cleanup on your computer
2. Download and run the software and drivers below.
3. Once the download is done extracting, cancel the download.
4. Click the start menu.
5. Click Run.
6. Type %temp% in the run field
7. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
8. Open folder Util
9. Open folder CCC
10. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for non-HP computers. For HP computers run the Uninstall_L3.bat
11. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
12. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
13. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
14. Use this tool to clean the system and registry. Note: This utility is not HP sponsored or approved. HP and I are not responsible for damages or loss of data caused by the utility. This step is optional. You can skip it if you want.
15. Download the full feature software and drivers
16. Run the download to reinstall the printer
02-27-2013 05:41 AM
i followed your instructions and all steps....
one last question before i install the drivers...
at the step:
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
there is a number of things to choose for cleanup...should i include all of them by ticking or only the ones it shows ticked by default? 🙂
thanks for help,hope it will work out 🙂
02-27-2013 11:22 AM
03-12-2013 06:34 PM
Tired of installing and uninstalling the printer software HPJ4680, today I decided to quit wasting time with this equipment and any other brand hp. I have the printer for 2 years, and since first use that the problems do not end. Format the operating system and the printer works again until everything back to zero. Error Scan, scanner not found, error messages on the screen. I exchanged several messages still under warranty with HP support, which is bad, even kept some messages with ridiculous suggestions. Nothing solves unless the operating system format. I followed step by step instructions over and over again without success. How can it be possible that HP does not create a clean uninstall routine. After following the suggested threads and reinstall the software errors remain. I have experience in hardware and software and for once give up due to fatigue. I'm tired, and never in my life want to hear about HP printers. Today I'll burn it in the garden and feel relieved. Then I'll buy another brand Canon or Epson, which i have good references.
03-14-2013 01:34 AM
i also tried the steps as you wrote to me but nothing happened and installation cannot complete....
i am tired of it ,as the other customer above, and i don't want to think to reinstall windows at the pc with all those backups and reinstalls of programs etc...
i will try to install it via USB and not wifi,even though thatwon't solve my scanning problem but at least i may print from pc...i hope there will be a solution soon 🙂