Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,978 Views)

HP Officejet J6480 AIO paper mismatch error

I recently had a paper jam on my above printer, cleared it, and now I keep getting a "Paper mismatch" error and the printer just spits it out, often with a slightly crunched right edge along the last half of the right side of the sheet.  Since the first half of the ream of paper had been feeding ok I assume it's a feeder problem.  Occasionally I can hand feed a sheet through successfully, but then the print is very crooked with the lines slanting up towards the right edge.  Again, this tells me it's a feeder problem.

Any suggestions?
The printer is 2-3 years old but sees light home use.  I'm pretty disappointed and hope someone has a suggestion.

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (1,962 Views)

Re: HP Officejet J6480 AIO paper mismatch error

Hard Reset – While printer is powered ON, pull the power cord from the printer then from the wall. After 30 seconds reconnect power to wall and printer. This will trigger a ‘dirty power up’ and restore the printer to a known good condition (if it is possible). No user settings are lost with a ‘hard reset’.
This ‘Hard Reset’ is one of the most powerful tools to use when the printer hardware is not functioning properly!

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,437 Views)

Worked for me. Thanks bassergitz!!
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (524 Views)

bassergitz wrote:

Hard Reset – While printer is powered ON, pull the power cord from the printer then from the wall. After 30 seconds reconnect power to wall and printer. This will trigger a ‘dirty power up’ and restore the printer to a known good condition (if it is possible). No user settings are lost with a ‘hard reset’.
This ‘Hard Reset’ is one of the most powerful tools to use when the printer hardware is not functioning properly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation