cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kozlow
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a No Scan Options and unknown error issue

I am getting unknown errors on the mac and no scan options on the all in one. I have restarted, removed and reinstalled checked cables, updated software and i am still unable to solve this problem. Any advice?

I currently run a mac osx 10.6.8 and have an officejet pro 8500 A909a.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
lanz
Level 5
198 198 18 48
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, go to mac icon - select software update

download and install the update

Restart your computer

go back to Mac apple icon- go to system preferences- go to print and scan / print and fax - highlight the printer- click the minus button to delete the printer

click the plus sign and add the printer- if printer is connected wirelessly pls select bonjour..TAKE NOTE YOU DON"T NEED TO UNINSTALL THE PRINTER

Try to scan using  Hp Scan- go to applications , look for the Hewlett- Packard folder - look for the HP scan 

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
0 Kudos
x21
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alturnitivly your mac may just be having a communication problem.

To fix that you may just have to power cycle your printer / mac /router (if applicable) and varify/ repair your disc premissions.

to do this you :

1)open your applications folder

2)go to utilities

3) open disc utility

4)select your hard drive from the left side (usually the second one down, slightly indented)

5)single click verify disc permissions - let it finish

6) single click repair disc permissions - let it finish

7) restart the mac for good measure

0 Kudos
betriprentari
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear sir or madam,

I have HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a A910 Printer All in one

I cannot get rid og HP Software Update window on my iMac desktop.

HP Scan 3 only reports reports error.

Please help,

Gunnar Birgisson

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation