cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
12 11 1 0
Message 1 of 37
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910g printing - but never does

HP Recommended

Printer Model:
    HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910g

Operating System:
    MS Windows XP, Media Center Edition, V 2002, Service Pack 3

Connection Method:
    Wireless via AT&T U-Verse Residential Gateway

Problem Description:

Network printer not printing after first print job prints. Printer display panel says

'printing...' and laptop display for printer status says "Error - Printing" (HP Officejet

Pro 8500 A910 (Network) - User Intervention   Required).

I have run the HP Print Diagnostic Utility 4.1 for this printer when this situation has

occured. It finds problem with Print queue - Print jobs are stuck in the print queue

(list of files waiting to print). Click Fix to remove them, and then restart the print

jobs. I click Fix and basically it tells me it is unable to clear the print queue, to turn

the printer off and on again, restart the computer and re-run the diagnostic which

then finds no issue with the printing.

I am only able to print after turning the printer off and back on - and only one document

or file successfully before reverting back to same behavior. This is not a solution as this

is a printer used for small business.

All functions worked just fine after initial install. Not sure when stopped working as it

is used primarily during tax season. There have been no hardware changes to my setup

since initial install.

Fax: Printer receives fax but never prints (Now printing... displays on printer display until

I turn printer off and back on.)

Please help resolve issue. What information do you need?

0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
43 43 4 11
Message 2 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

if all the other functions like scanning and faxing is working fine and if you are having the problemonly with printing then the issue could be due to print spooler(as the PDU suggests) try the below steps to restart the print spooler services,

1.Open a command prompt.
2.Type net stop spooler - press enter
3. Type net start spooler - press enter

If the issue persists then try bypassing the spooler:

1) Open the 'Printers' window.
2) Right-click the desired printer.
3) Select 'Properties' from the shortcut menu.
4) Click the 'Advanced' tab.
5) Select the 'Print directly to the printer' radio button.
6) Click on Appy and ok

Now try printing.

Hope the provided information helps you!

If the issue persists, please reply with the results of the above steps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking Kudos Star next to the Post that helps you.

Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to say your issue is solved.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 11 1 0
Message 3 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried both solutions you provided.

Neither worked.

I had problem with an HP Photosmart 2610 AIO printer that I have had for almost 10 years. Was using remanufactured ink cartridges and they worked perfectly up until approximately 3 1/2 months ago. The printer only works now if I use HP ink cartridges. I am guessing some HP update required an HP ink cartridge only!

I have tried everything I know to try and even a couple of suggestions from HP and nothing works. So, I thought to replace the remanufactured ink cartridges that were currenty installed in my 8500 printer (I had a mix of HP and remanufactured that had been working successfully for some time) with original HP cartridges.  This appears to have fixed my problem with the printing.

Obviously, there was an HP update that required the printer to use HP ink cartridges in order to perform. Is there anyway we can back that update out? If so, I'd like instructions for doing so for both my printers.

Thanking you in advance for a prompt response.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having a very similar issue with two HP 8500 printers.  One has never worked properly.  The other one was working perfectly for about a year until Friday.  Now it does the same thing as the other one.

Both are on wireless networks.  One is at home.  One is at the office.  

The one at the office has now decided to quit working.

On the front of the printer, it states that it's printing, at the same time my computer says User Intervention Required, but the job never prints and the print queue piles up.  I have to turn the printer off and turn it back on.  It cleans its printhead and goes through testing.  

Then the restart process clears my print queue, so I have to resend whatever print jobs I was going to print.

The printer prints for a while, and at some point decides not to again.

I have tried various fixes including the ones suggested here.

I opened a command prompt.  I typed "net stop spooler" and pressed enter.

My computer says "Access is denied"

So I move to the bypass the spooler option.  I open the printer properties, and click on the 'Print directly to the printer' radio button.  Apply and OK.

I sent a new print job.  An error comes up on my screen "Unable to Communicate with Printer".

After that, I tried running the HP Print Diagnostic Utility again.  I select my printer and click "Fix Printing"

The Utility tells me that everything Checks Out Okay with the Printer.  I have it send a test page.  

An error pops up on my computer "Unable to Communicate with the Printer".

I click on the Control Panel, Printers, and my printer.  The box says "User Intervention Required - Offline".

I turn the printer off and back on and now I can print....at least for a little while.  

Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 5 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem as stated. My 8500 wireless worked but would start with error-printing, then would finally print. Uninstalled and resinstalled software at least 8 times. Current situation is that printer works if I reset it by opening and closing the ink cartridge door which causes the mechanism to cycle. After that, the document prints.

Also, after  recently, printer quits in middle of page, then repeats the full print request. So, if 10 copies requested, prints 5 and "gets stuck" it tehn restarts and then prints 10 more.

Printer is awesome when it works, but, is wasting a LOT of my time playing with it to get it to print OR to scan.

Anxious for a solution -- or have to purchase the next generation -- taking too much of my time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 6 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have replaced at least 2 of the original HP cartridges with remanufactured ones. Perhaps that is the cause of the problem. Seems like an expensive solution since remanufactured cartridges can be had even based on the original for 50%. Am also VERY interested in hearing a rollback solution to updates.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would love to hear an answer.  Small business printer causing a ton of lost time.  Same issues as above....used a remanufactured cartridge for the first time with 3 HP ones.  Since this change, printer says it's printer and computer says user intervention required.  Installed/reinstalled printer several times.

Help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 11 1 0
Message 8 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I first received and setup my unit, it worked as advertised. Over time, I ran into these same issues.

After I don't remember how many attempts to solve problem, I decided to go back to very beginning.

I uninstalled software from my laptop using HPs uninstaller (from this site - for this model).

I reset the settings on the printer itself back to the factory settings.

I used my original CD to reinstall software (making sure to turn off the automatic updates).

All the functions are now working. The only difference being that it appears to be dropping more incoming faxes than it did originally.

If you're still having issues and you have not tried going back to square one, you might give this a try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 9 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Continuing the same problem as described. My printer seems also to have had problems

after installing remanufactured ink cartridges. Am very interested to any reply to request for a way to remove the HP update that probably requires genuine HP cartridges.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issues as everyone else here- seems the priniter firmware has been upgraded to turn the **bleep** thing off after 5min if you're using non-HP cartridges.  I think this happened about 1-2 months ago. 

Anyway, resetting the factory defaults on the control panel seems to work...for now.....

BTW, I use a continious inking system - fabulous!  Swear by them!

Please keep this thread active as I'm sure we'll all be back soon enough!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation