cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
12 7 0 5
Message 11 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP are aware of this issue and do not have a driver update available to fix this. I have the same problem on two 8500A printers and have opened service tickets with HP support to no avail. The issue came in on the last printer driver update, now when the printer goes in to power save mode it will not start up again without a full re-start as you describe.

Please see my other text below:

I am glad to see I am not the only person suffering with this sub-standard printer.

I am a retailer and an end user of HP Officejet Pro 8500A models.

Unfortunately, I have recommended & sold several of these unit to my customers along with having purchased one for my own use. Like you I was a big HP fan, no longer. Again like you, my own 8500 has been replaced with an ever worse unit. The fault I had was when the printer went into powersave mode it would not recover without a complete restart.

Now on the replacement, I have the same problem and the unit will not pick up the paper, so I have an additional problem making this printer completely useless to me. I had a horrendous experience with customer services, I had to call 4 different support numbers before I finally spoke to Technical Support, up to now I have made 8 telephone calls wasting over 3 hours, much of this time on hold without a resolution.

I have a 2nd 8500 returned from one of my valued customers which has also been replaced with a refurbished unit without sucess, as the replacement has the exact same problem the first unit had.

HP's customer Service is a joke & an insult to its customers.I am fed up repeating my issues every time I call in, as it is already on my reference ticket. Yet, they still insist on going over the whole sorry saga time after time. I am at risk of loosing my customers entire business because of this issue. It has cost me €175.00 euro in time wasted to date. I have gone through several troubleshooting episodes to no avail, wasting my time when the HP agents know that the issue will not be resolved over the phone.

HP need to own up for producing such a poor, piece of junk and do a full recall on this model.

My complaint is ongoing for 16days now with no solution, it is nothing short of a disgrace, my next step is to complain to Consumer Affairs and highlight HP's despicanle product quality and operating standards to the media. Maybe then they will show some respect for their customers who have wasted their hard earned money on sub-standard HP product.

To quote from your text "HP you are certainly not the company you once were", I fear for your future if this is the way you are now operating.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 2 0 2
Message 12 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issues.  Used a refilled cartridge.  It detected it as a non-HP cartridge.  It told me they advised against that.  What it didn't tell me is that it would screw up my printer so that I have to cycle the power between every print job.

HP thinks that they are being clever.  I say they are being stupid.  Tomorrow I will go and buy a new printer and throw my nearly new HP 8500 in the trash.  Yes...HP I will do so.  I will not be held hostage to your cartridges.  If you priced them fairly instead of raping your customers I'd be quite happy to buy them.  Even at a small premium to support the brand.  But when I can fill a cartidge for $5 that you charge $50 for .... I call that being abused.

I reset the printer to default.  Had to unistall it from my HP laptop (that by the way is getting replace tomorrow as well with a MacBook Pro).  Working until I get to the shops to toss all HP crap out of my office.

Yeah...you think you're so smart.  Lets see how long this post last...but I can tell you how long your equipment will last in my office.  12 more painful hours and you are H-I-S-T-O-R-Y!!!

Maybe the effin idiots on mahogany row will finally realize that when you do stupid things with our customers...you end up losing.  Ask Carly.  She should be able to tell you all about that!

Highlighted
2 2 0 2
Message 13 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bottom line is that the SmartChip cartridges are HPs way of RAPING you wallet for ink.  The only way to combat their stupidity is to throw their printer in the trash and buy a "stupid cartridge" printer from every vendor but HP.  Maybe when they lose the printer business they'll figure that you don't win by screwing the hand that pays you!

Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 14 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I began having the same "user intervention required" problem recently.  Before that, it never occurred.

I've tried all the suggestions from a various forums:  software reinstall, printer reinstall, driver update, reboot, full reboot, reset to factory settings, open and shut printer cartridge door. These fixes last a while only.  Right now I'm using the simplest: opening and shutting the print cartridge door.

It's unacceptable, especially for a wireless printer, to frequently require user intervention at the printer.  The whole point to be be able to print from the whole Wifi area, and then occasionally retrieve the print jobs.

I use HP cartridges I refill myself.  It seems the problem is a printer software issue related to the cartridges.  I'm coming to the conclusion that this is purposeful by HP, to frustrate anything  but purchasing new HP cartridges.

HP has been my go-to printer company for almost 20 years.  The 8500 is a fine machine, except for this printer cartridge related software issue.  Unfortunately, if HP doesn't resolve this (or itself offer a lower cost ink solution), I'll have to transition to another wireless color printer.  Relunctantly, it won't be an HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 15 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem as the other folks. Right now I'm heading over to Costco to pick out a new machine. It won't be from H-P; that's for sure. They've outsmarted themselves, IMHO. Bye bye, Meg.

Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 16 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP, have you gotten tthe message yet? People want to be free to choose what they choose and you CAN'T

force them to buy virgin HP cartridges if you prices are still unreasonable. I have this same problem and

have found a gerry-rig way for eveything to work -- but I am very disgrundeled with the HP tactic. Up to

this point I have always purchased HP printers -- this experience has me question that choice and I may

make a different one the next time as I have reloaded the HP printer softward more than 10 times to get

most of the functionality working. HP, get your act together -- the customer IS the most important product

you have.

Bob Butz

Highlighted
Level 2
20 13 0 2
Message 17 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can me to the list of will not buy another HP, unless they fix the ink cartridge issue, I refuse to be held hostage. BTW, my printer does the same thing as all the others, and yes, I use generic cartridges.

Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 18 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended
What happens to all the sellers of generic ink cartridges?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
20 13 0 2
Message 19 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seems strange to me that I don't see any responses from HP support Folks on a fix for this issue.

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 20 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error: Would not print (items in Que & que said "Printer offline")

Solution: Update Drivers http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3752... (maybe the firmware/utility are necessary) & on the printer "Settings" -> "preferences" -> "Power save on/off" OFF.

It printed.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation