cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need help setting up my printer, I have try different ways of fixing it but still don't able to set up. Any suggestions

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 22 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have the installation disk for your printer? If not, you can download what you need from HPs website. Look under  "Support".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 23 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here. Already got it replaced with a refurb machine three times. Was fine for a while, then it started the same problem again. Any idea, before I toss it out of the window?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issues as others here; use generic ink and have to do full restart between each print job. Before this issue I was already thoroughly upset with the amount of ink this printer used (especially combining colors even for “black ink only” printing). I bought this printer because it was touted as an ink saver; it has been nothing of the sort. This new ‘no-print’ trick is the last straw. I will get rid of this printer, never buy another HP product, and make sure no one I know buys anything from HP either; including the University department for which I am in charge of such decisions. Like others here as well, I take special offence by the lack of response to this thread from the company. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 25 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After an update that came out 2 or 3 weeks ago also my model does not respond to a print request. I need to shut it down, start it then the first print comes through.

Please fix this. This printer has also refurbished ink.

Is this what we have come to, manufacturers making sure they make they money off the cartridges with enforcing software, I guess so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 26 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm with all you!! I will NEVER buy another HP product as long as I live!!!
Anyone have any suggestions on other manufacturers? Brothers? Dell? Epson?
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 2
18 16 0 1
Message 27 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a simple fix, although expensive.  Actually there are 2 fixes.
One is to throw the printer away and cut your losses, OR:

The reason this is happening (most likely) is because of a problem with one or more of your ink cartridges.  They may be seated correctly but if the printer "determines" that it/they are either used, or counterfeit, you will continue to have trouble printing.  Interestingly, the printer seems to copy and print, but not print from a comptuer program.

In short, pull up your printer's utility page (usually starts with 192.168.1.???) and verify the ink cartridges are ok.  If not, make changes as reported by the printer.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 28 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't know if further updates stop this, but opening and closing the cartridge door is working for me - and saving me switching on and off the whole time!

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 29 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have 5 messages in a queue. Message says printing 'Transaction complete' looking for printer. The printer is not connected.

Status line says printing but its not.

Checked the IMac that I am using and go to printer and can get ink levels etc. Have switched off the IMac and the router and the printer and still not working. What can I do please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 30 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where's the solution? This problem is asked repeatedly, but I can't find the solution! I admit not to be an expert, but if I can't find the posted solution, there probably is a lot more people in the same boat as me!!

I will NEVER buy another HP product and am about to throw this one away!!! It's worthless!!

Brother printers has less reported problems, AND offer 3 years support!! I guess Hp knows their products only work for a year!!

GET WITH IT, HP!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation