cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 31 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes bought HP Office jet Pro 8500 910a after a thorough research.. First time all xerox had two linings including scanned document .. Repeated complaints took quite a time to prove that the body has a bug. Once you have a problematic complicated product you get scared and reporting also takes longer. Success here HP replaced the body. 2nd one comes ..I register everything , set it up again after a good struggle. Also fought them to replace printer head as automatic document feeder always stuck the papers and i did not want to take risk

Next one does a good job with xeroxing , even autofeeder works fine while xeroxing but autofeeder gives up while scanning. Its hell with me as I bought this product to use its scanner with ease and have a paperless home . Printing is no issue , copier is also fine but its autofeeder has a defect. I paid $609 /- for this product in nov 2011 and struggling to use it with the purpose i bought it for . It does the same job which a $100 hp PRINTER can do for me ..

I m dissappointed !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 32 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue as all of you, couldn't figure it out.  It also started when I used refilled cartridges.  The only way I could fix it was to do a full reset, remove all the old "counterfit" cartridges, wait for it to reboot and tell me to insert cartridges, put brand new original HP ink in all of the ink slots, let it do it's whole printerhead thing and HOCUS POCUS it works perfect again.  Must use brand new ink, no refills, but at least I didn't have to buy a whole new printer.  This world is getting more frieghtening every day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
13 11 2 5
Message 33 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just all of a sudden today, screen on printer was showing "Now Printing", but did not print.   Unbelievably, opening and closing the ink cartridge door was the first thing I tried, only had to open and close the door once, and now the printer is working normally again.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 16 0 1
Message 34 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This post is NOT a solution. 

Please correct post to reflect status so that it can remain open for solutions?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 2
13 11 2 5
Message 35 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot see any reply heirarchy on this site (ie replies to replies).  It looks like a single list of comments from first to last to me, and is confusing.

To: @fiosron re: 01-09-2015 06:47pm

It looks and sounds to me like you are referring to my post of 01-09-2015 06:xx PM, but I have no idea what you are talking about?

thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 16 0 1
Message 36 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I commented on your post (or a post sent to you that was a possible solution) , BUT, it was intended to be read by the moderators. 
The  "SOLUTION"  that was either directed to you as part of your comments, does not appear to be a solution.  I simply wanted to have it removed as a "SOLVED" problem!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 37 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This was a perfect fix for me - had the same problem - found this on HP's website.  When trying to change printer preferences under advanced settings I was not able to do so as all ooptions were grayed out, but option #2 worked like a charm.  VERY HAPPY with results:smileyindifferent:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05368413 (Link Updated 05/01/2017) 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation