cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
andrewleigh Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless - Scan to computer problem

Hi,

I am a windows 7 user and I have long since deleted the HP icon from my desktop.

For a while now, I have painstakingly scanned to a memory stick and then transferred the file to my computer because I haven't been able to scan directly to the computer.

When I select scan to computer, the following error message appears:

'No scan options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot'.

Despite my best efforts, I can't find a resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Yaniv14 Tutor
Tutor
6 6 0 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to activate scan to computer option from

Start > All Programs > HP > HP Officejet Pro 8500 > HP Officejet Pro 8500 > Scanner Actions > Activate Scan to Compuer.

Also double check that in windows 7 (services.msc) you have Shell hardware detection & Windows Image Acquitition both Activated & Started

Good Luck

0 Kudos
andrewleigh Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the end I bit the bullet, uninstalled all the HP software and reinstalled. Everything now works fine thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation