cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Very Bad Colors

HP Recommended

Any help would be appreciated!  Very bad colors!!!!! Orange prints  like Grey.  Green prints like charcoal grey.  Red prints like Burgundy. Most all colors are in a Purple to dark grey range. Sky blue is the only color that prints as would be as expected.Yellow seems to not print. My cartridges are brand new ( 80 + dollars). I did an HP Print Quality Diagnostics Page and Test Pattern 2 looks GREAT. Just all wrong colors. I ran scan doctor, no help. I checked  contacts on both the ink cartridges and the printheads. Ink is visible on printhead stud tips and printheads. I wiped printheads across a paper towel Cyan and Maginta are clearly visible on towel, yellow not so much , black is clearly present. Black text is the only thing that prints perfectly. P.S. I have cleaned the printheads so many times I  have used a little less than a quarter of the ink in all cartridges. I guess I thought  the 10th time might be better than  the third time (unfortuneatly not so).

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Testpatern2. I will need a little more information in order to help out. Where there any streaks in test pattern 2 where the yellow content should be?  Are you using genuine non-refilled HP cartridges?

Since you are having trouble with the with color mix in colors like orange and green; and there appears to be no ink output from the yellow portion on the black and yellow printhead, one might have an issue with that printhead and would need to replace it. Here is the document that one should use to troubleshoot quality issues in your model of printer. You can skip over steps that you have already tried, but I would reprint the diagnostic page and use the directions provided to read the test patterns. I hope that this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi: I replaced the Y?B print head (with trepadation)    and  Problem Solved. Thanks your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  I am glad that the the printer is now working for you after you replaced the the black yellow / KY printhead.  Happy Printing Testpatern2! 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation