Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 3 (246 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 all-in-one printer - issues after upgrading to Windows 8.1

After successfully downloading a driver from the HP website to enable using this all-in-one printer with a new HP laptop using a Windows 8.1 OS, I confirmed that the printing function works normally (just as it did with a Windows XP OS on my wireless home network).

However, I don't find any icons appearing on the 8.1 desktop for other HP apps (e.g. HP Solution Center, HP Photo Creations). I do have an icon for the Printer. When opened, it shows two options: 1) add a new printer and 2) add new software (from the original CD). But the original CD is for the XP OS, which I don't try and possibly mess up what already is working.

So-o-o, Is there any HP software download available for HP apps to use with this printer, especially HP Solutions Center?

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 all-in-one printer - issues after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Hi Riley.

You can get HP Photo Creations here:

www.hp.com/go/hppc

It's a free download for Mac and Windows.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
» Browse the FAQ at RocketLifeSupport.com
Highlighted
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 all-in-one printer - issues after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I appeciate your feedback on getting "HP Photo Creations" software.

Do you (or anyone else ) have any clues on getting "HP Solution Center" softeare, which is my primary goal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation