Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,201 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910a Model No CM755A

Printer runs check on switching on for about 8 minutes then runs through process of aligning printheads and finishes with the message 'printhead alignment failed, refer to user manual'  I have followed the processes suggested on the HP help page 23 times to no avail. I have now wastted about one quarter of my ink cartridges. I can obtain a black print OK but the colours are only mis-aligned black and yellow, ( all the cartridges were brand new HP).  I printed out a self test diagnostic page which states that the print head health is good with the end of warranty date for these asa 28/11/2012. Any suggestion/ help would be gratefully received before I decide on which form of violent destruction I use on this machine.

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (1,186 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910a Model No CM755A

[ Edited ]

My recommendation is to contact HP Support by phone and ask for a replacement, but not another 8500 model as I have had 2 of this model both giving multiple problems. They were both replaced with what HP call refurbished models and both replacements had the same issues as the original units.

{Content Removed: Duplicate post http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/Constant-problems-with-OfficeJet-Pro-85...}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation