Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus printing problems.
Replies (48)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
HP Support Agent
Message 41 of 49 (581 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus printing problems.

Hey Willem61,

I will forward this to the appropriate department to address your concern of the Extended warranty. They will contact you.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 42 of 49 (571 Views)

Unfortunately, no.  I have a Mac OSX, and when I go into printer settings, the only one that seems appropriate to find the information you note is the utility file.  When I click on the utility file, it just spins and spins without opening.  I have updated to HP 8.1, the most recent.  I have also tried to open the webpage, hpfebb95.local., and all I get is a spin, spin.  I cannot even get into the options/settings/utility page to correct the problem I have.

Honor Student
Message 43 of 49 (567 Views)

I installed the newest update print driver (found on HP website) and all went well until I got to setup.  It has been churning for hours -- nothing.  Same goes when I try to open printer utility.  Spin, spin, nothing.  Exact same thing for the local webpage.

I can print from my computer to the printer.  I cannot print from any iPhone or iPad devices to my printer (says I need airprint). 

I have OSX 8.1 -- but I got the update for that operating system.

Any suggestions?

HP Support Agent
Message 44 of 49 (549 Views)

Hey Vickie4044,

I was just wondering what happens when you Print Network Configuration.

Follow these steps to find the printer IP address and then install using that IP address.
Step one: Find the printer IP address on the Network Configuration Page
Use the following steps to print a test page from the printer control panel.
  1. Touch the Right Arrow icon, and then touch Network .
  2. Touch Wireless , and then touch Wireless Network Test . The printer prints a test page.
I need to know what is the Ip address.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Message 45 of 49 (533 Views)

Hey Mrstenter,

I've been waiting for HP to contact me, however without any luck.

I give up. 

Don't think I'll buy HP anymore.

Willem61

HP Support Agent
Message 46 of 49 (523 Views)

Hi Willem61,

I am so sorry that someone did not contact you.

Could you please Call 1-800-474-6836 and request a supervisor. The will forward to the correct people right away.

Again I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
Student
Message 47 of 49 (370 Views)

Re: HP period Pro 8500A Plus printing problems.

[ Edited ]

i have an hp officejet pro 8500a plus.  when i attempt to send a print to it the display shows ithat it is printing but nothing happens.  This also happens when attempting to scan a document.  The only way I can resolve the issue is to turn the printer off and then on again and it then prints straight away for a short while before getting the same problem.  Any help would be appreciated..

I was disappointed that there was no solution other than replacing the unit, as I am experinceing the same problems and my unit is not under warranty. Any help is appreciated.

Honor Student
Message 48 of 49 (191 Views)

I found a conversation that addressed my problem exactly, but there was not a solution:

HP Officejet Pro 8500A  will not print unless I turn the machine off and then back on.  

After I do the off/on step, it will print documents, unless there is a lapse of time, and then it will drop back to the scenario of saying that it is printing, but it is not.      Before this problem began I got a message that I was using an ink cartridge that was not an official HP cartridge; however, it IS an HP ink cartridge.   Any advice?

Honor Student
Message 49 of 49 (191 Views)

I am having the same problem.   HP Office Jet Pro 8500A won't print unless I shut the printer off and  then turn it back on.  Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation