Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to find out how to scan multiple pages from the ADF but have each page save as an individual file.

ie

page 1 = scan001

page2 = scan002

page3 = scan003

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi RCIII,

If you are scanning them as .JPG then they are going to be saved as individual files. If you scan then as .PDF then they will be all in one file. If you need them to be .JPG I would suggest using the scanner bed, and then click the Add/Remove button in the HP scan application software. If you do not see the Add/Remove buttons you will need to lower the scan DPI.

1.JPG

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi RCIII,

If you are scanning them as .JPG then they are going to be saved as individual files. If you scan then as .PDF then they will be all in one file. If you need them to be .JPG I would suggest using the scanner bed, and then click the Add/Remove button in the HP scan application software. If you do not see the Add/Remove buttons you will need to lower the scan DPI.

1.JPG

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi:  I just bought an HP 8600 Plus for its scanning abilities, but am just about to take it back to Best Buy because I can't get it to do what I need and I can't find a solution here.  I simply need to scan multiple pages into a PDF at 600 dpi resolution.  How so I do this, please?  I see it will do it at low (for me, useless resolution - 300).  What's the workaround?  I have unlimited space, so HP shouldn't be putting any restrictions on me.  Let me choose how I want to scan and please just do it!  Any help here, guys?  Thanks!  Koshin

HP Recommended

Hi Koshin0628, 

Put the pages in the ADF - Automatic Document Feeder, and then scan the pages to PDF. You shouldn't need to click the add/remove buttons as long as you are scanning from the ADF unit.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi, pcwizard:  Thanks for your reply.  Sorry, but a lot of what I have to scan is of small size and irregular shape (e.g., a pamphlet or a brochure) and those kinds of things won't go through the ADF, especially if they are bound or stapled in the center.  So, any ideas about how to overcome the resolution limitation?  Is there a fix?  A workaround?  Firmware update? Anything?  The requirement remains the same:  multiple pages manually from the glass at 600 dpi into one PDF file.  Your info sez you're from HP.  Can you contact people in-house and find out more on this, please?  Thanks!  Koshin

HP Recommended

Hi Koshin0628, 

No, you will need to lower the scan DPI to 300 in order to get the add/remove buttons. There should be little quality lose when scanning in 300 DPI versus 600 DPI. The main reason the add/remove buttons are not there at 600 DPI is that it will create a larger file size. Scan your pages at 300 DPI and you should have the button to add or remove pages. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

When I scan multiple pages they show on this screen as page 1 of 3, but when I save them they are saved as scan0001, scan0002 and scan0003. How do I get the program to save them all as one file?

HP Recommended

Hi gwinkworth,

You will need to scan them as PDF instead of .JPG to get them in one file.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Further to previous, I am scanning them in as PDF.  They then save as scan0001.pdf, scan0002.pdf, etc.  They read fine in Acrobat but they are always single pages as opposed to  a complete document.

HP Recommended

Hi gwinkworth,

Are you scanning them using the ADF or from the glass?

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.