cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Julie161
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g

HP Recommended

I cannot make my scan to email take a gmail address.  It works for the old hotmail account I have but I have tried 3 gmail accounts and I get an error that the credentials are not right.  Already verified the setting and password.  Now I am stuck.

😞

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,644
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Welcome @Julie161,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are unable to scan to email with your Gmail account. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Web-based email accounts (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail) must be configured through your local email client to scan to them. Check the local email client support site for additional information.

Are you scanning to email from the software or from the printer's control panel?

I have provided a couple of links to take a look at:

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation