Note on archived topics.
02-20-2013 06:17 PM
Please Help!! When using the ADF to print or scan, documents/images have a line down the length of the left side. The printer is maybe a month old at most. I need it to work ASAP as it is my workhorse for my small business, please help.
02-21-2013 12:12 PM - last edited on 02-22-2017 01:40 PM by OscarFuentes
It sounds like there is either some static charge built up in the printer or that the scanner glass is a little dirty.
1) Have you tried using a lint free cloth and clean water to wipe the entire scanner glass, including the thin strip to the left of the glass. The thin strip of glass is the area used by the ADF and most likely region for something to be on the glass causing your black line.
2) Make sure the printer is plugged into a direct wall outlet, instead of a surge protector. The 8600 already has surge protection built in and doubling this can cause these types of lines to show up.
3) Try hard resetting the printer.
* Unplug unit while on
* Unplug other end of power cord from wall outlet
* Wait 30 seconds
* Plug unit back up for power
As well, take a look at the steps in the document found here. Let me know how it goes.
09-16-2013 02:18 PM
I am glad to hear that you were able to get the issue you were experiencing resolved! I wish you the best in all your future printing/scanning needs.
11-12-2013 08:40 AM - last edited on 02-24-2017 11:51 AM by OscarFuentes
I understand you're having an issue with a line appearing from scans/copies/faxes on your Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but I will do my best to help you.
I understand you have tried a few steps already, but I will ask that you please follow this document in order and it should help resolve your issue.
Hope this helps, have a great day!