cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JKromrei Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - ADF Copy/Scan - Line Down Length of Left side of Documents

Please Help!! When using the ADF to print or scan, documents/images have a line down the length of the left side. The printer is maybe a month old at most. I need it to work ASAP as it is my workhorse for my small business, please help.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,105 3,880 591 652
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - ADF Copy/Scan - Line Down Length of Left side of Documents

It sounds like there is either some static charge built up in the printer or that the scanner glass is a little dirty.

1) Have you tried using a lint free cloth and clean water to wipe the entire scanner glass, including the thin strip to the left of the glass.  The thin strip of glass is the area used by the ADF and most likely region for something to be on the glass causing your black line.

2) Make sure the printer is plugged into a direct wall outlet, instead of a surge protector.  The 8600 already has surge protection built in and doubling this can cause these types of lines to show up.

3) Try hard resetting the printer.

* Unplug unit while on

* Unplug other end of power cord from wall outlet

* Wait 30 seconds

* Plug unit back up for power

As well, take a look at the steps in the document found here.  Let me know how it goes.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
javewalle Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your post regarding the scanlines. I had the same problem but followed the steps you had listed; voila, problem solved.

Have a great week!

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,105 3,880 591 652
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey javewalle,

I am glad to hear that you were able to get the issue you were experiencing resolved!  I wish you the best in all your future printing/scanning needs.

Happy Printing,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Cindy1951 Top Student
Top Student
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did all things that were suggested and still have the line.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5,575 5,044 255 602
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Cindy1951,

I understand you're having an issue with a line appearing from scans/copies/faxes on your Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but I will do my best to help you.

I understand you have tried a few steps already, but I will ask that you please follow this document in order and it should help resolve your issue.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
KNNAKTS Top Student
Top Student
3 2 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're a lifesavior jason, this worked 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation