Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello TheOuthouseMous,

If you have followed all troubleshooting steps and recommendations in this thread with no success, I suggest calling our technical support at 800-474-6836 as it may be a the hardware. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi

Original was 1/3rd a4 - a bit  small - it got stuck in feeder at start coundt get at it from top  -  lifted the lid and its underneath  at left of feeder - easy to get at - better than fiddling with the leavers etc as they can be fidely- easy to miss as its white but it took 2 seconds 

HP Recommended

Well for what is worth...I bought this printer yesterday and kept getting the same problem...no matter what I did paper was jamming out the back.

Finnally I check the settings for the paper type and the default was Photo paper size 4x6. I changed the default to the type of paper that I was using (8.5 X 11 & plain Paper) and voila, it has been working. I am not sure if this will help, but I believe it is worth a shot

HP Recommended

Had a paper jam in the ADF while scanning.  When I opened the cover and tried to pull the paper out a piece tore off in the machine.  I can't see it to get to it and now I everytime I try to use the ADF it jams.  I tried feeding through heavier paper, even 1/2 of a manila folder with no luck.  Any way I can get to the guts of the ADF to get out the gremlin.

Thanks,

Charlie

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

HP Recommended
My ADF is not engaging to operate the rollers. It detects the paper with proper signal, but makes a rapid whirring sound when the rollers should be moving the paper. No rollers are moving. No paper jams previous to malfunction.. Please advise. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Just after my extended warranty ran out, the ADF stopped working.  The printer displays that the original is loaded, but a repeated whirring sounds are all that follow.  When I try to install firmware from my PC, the install assistant won't allow it (the checkbox can't be checked).  I assume the latest firmware is already installed.

I imagine a service call will be as expensive as a new printer.  Hmm--I wonder why this thread stopped in November? 

HP Recommended

Thank you SO  much!  I used 1/2 of a manilla folder and it pushed out the torn piece of paper.  Thanks for posting your solution!

HP Recommended

I have the problem others have mentioned:  a corner of a piece of paper caught beyond the roller bend in the output of the domument feeder.  I was able to pull out part of it but can not see the rest. 

The greetn tab is in its middle position.

I have tried 28 pound paper which will pass most of the way through but does not clear the jam.

I have tried 140 pound paper which will pass less far but after removal does not clear the jam.

I there a way to remove and replace the lower part of the document feeder to get at the scrap of paper.  I am handy with that sort of thing and have almost any sort of tool or driver.

Can you reply to [Moderator edited email address]?  Thanks

HP Recommended

My ADF is telling me it has a jam. No paper in ADF. I need to scan but cannot until this is resolved. Please help ASAP!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.