cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Yellow Tint

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded to an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus from an HP Photosmart Premium. I started printing pictures from my computer running Mac OS X 10.8 and my photos either have a yellow tint (whites aren't really white) or are darker than they appear on the screen. This has not happened on my previous printer. I searched online for solutions, but none of them helped, or they mentioned that the printer didn't have ICC profiles. Is there any way to fix this problem or download the ICC profiles for this printer? Regular documents printed on plain paper are fine, but when it comes to printing on photo paper, my pictures aren't what I expect them to be. I have gone through many sheets of photo paper trying to fix this problem so I would like a fix immediately. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 7
811 807 70 78
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when printing, in the middle of the print dialog, there is a dropdown box, select "Color Matching", and select "Vendor Matching" or may be one of the colorsync profiles. Also, in "Paper type, Quality" choose thepaper type that's loaded.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for the reply, but I stumbled across that solution during my research. My other problem is that the color matching option doesn't appear in the print screen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
Level 13
6,301 6,271 506 1,072
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Could you try making a color copy of a photo and check if the issue still exists.

By doing the above, we could narrow down to check if it is a printer hardware or a software issue ?

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, the issue is still persisting. I have already said that the color management/matching settings is absent from my print dialog. I have attached a screenshot of my print dialog for you to see. Is there any way to fix this? 

Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 10.32.14 AM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After printing 20+ test pictures, I finally fixed my problem. Turns out that the driver needed to be updated and the printer was not installed/added correctly in the 'Print and Scan' preferences. It was installed using AirPrint, so I reinstalled the printer and manually selected the driver. Then, the color options appeared in the print dialog and the yellow tint, for the most part, was gone (I had to change some options, such as ColorSync). http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907 for driver update, although I believe a system update would also do the trick.Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 11.58.30 AM.png

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation