cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JoeS2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 22
Flag Post

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus false paper jam msg

HP Recommended

Running Win8 with a wireless connection to printer. Most mornings the first time I try to print I get msg that there is a paper jam (there is no paper jam), acknowledge that and then I get a msg that one of the print cartridges is missing (there is no missing cartridge, but when you open the front panel the cartridges stay in the park position on the right). I turn off the printer with the power button. When I turn the printer back on with the power button, it says that there was an improper shut down and wants to calibrate the printer. After it prints the calibration page the printer is fine for the rest of day. 

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
lions99
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 992
Message 2 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I see that you're having an issue with the printer. It seems the sensors are giving you the issue. I would suggest doing a reset. I will send you the instructions. Please check your private message inbox.

0 Kudos
BaseC
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my 8600 Plus.  I had 8500 before, and same things were happening, untill one day something inside broke, so I went and bouth the 8600 plus.  Turns out that this was a common issue in 8500 and I read online there is a lawsuit pending (or being evaluated) because of the issue.  Now the same is happening with my 8600 pro.  So how long before it brakes as well????  Probobly right after the warranty expires (as it was the case with 8500)

FIX IT HP, or I will NOT buy any of your products again.  ( I have 2 Hp printers, 4 HP computers and 1 HP 44" plotter).

0 Kudos
cdl1752
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you send me the instructions for a reset?  When I try to print double sided, it will print a few pages, then tell me I have a paper jam.  There is no paper jam.  I had this a few weeks ago and it finally started working again after uninstalling and re-installing the software.  I have tried that several times and still not working.  I have tried removing and cleaning the duplexer, shutting down and unplugging it.  Nothing seems to work.  When i turn it back on, it starts with the paper jam error message.  I have the 8600 Pro Plus.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Rainbow7000
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,167
Message 5 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello cdl1752,

I noticed your post on having a paper jam error message on your Officejet Pro 8600 Plus, when there is no paper jam. I would like to help you.

I have found some troubleshooting you can try. I do understand you have tried quite a few things to try to resolve the issue already.

1. Get the Latest Firmware and Product Updates
  2. A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Printer - Troubleshooting Document
  3. Reset your Printer

I hope these steps work for you, feel free to reply with any questions you may have.

Thanks and good luck!

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
JohnWL
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 6 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem with almost brand new Pro 8500 annoying paper jam every morning, sometimes twice a day and then the missing cartridge which is not missing. Please send instructions for RESET or whatever will fix this. I've used up almost a whole set of cartridges having to "realign" every morning. 

0 Kudos
SunDogVI
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have a false paper jam message, using a mac powerbook 10.9.5

Can you send reset information?

0 Kudos
pathak1
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp officejet so the paper jam error

0 Kudos
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,281 123 369
Message 9 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SunDogVI ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here. ,

Regards,
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
twinsfather
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have this constant paper jam error message. Immediately after the printer goes through it's initial start up phase the error message appears. I've done every one of the steps listed in this thread, in the order they are presented, multiple times, yet nothing has changed. Is there any other resolution for this? Thank you!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation