Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (4,618 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 all-in-one touchscreen troubleshooting

I've been using my HP Officejet Pro 8600 all-in-one just fine for the last few weeks, all of a sudden every time I go to use the touchscreen icon for fax (especially) but also to copy or scan, it will only go to the APP icon and connects to eprint center.  Extremely frustrating as I fax every day.  Anyone else have this issue and if so, how did you resolve it short of returning it tot he store? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (4,585 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 all-in-one touchscreen troubleshooting

[ Edited ]

Hey Labirks,

This seems to be an issue with your Front Panel Screen within itself.

You could perform a hard reset (which is unplugging the power cable from the back of the printer AND the wall). Leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, and plugged back in directly into a WALL outlet. 

I know it seems simple, but this helps and resolves a lot of hardware issues.

Let me know if this helps, thanks. If it doesn't, contact HP support, and you may have options for replacement. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation