cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RobbieLee
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP Officejet Pro 8600 - can't be found when trying to scan

HP Recommended

When I try to scan to my HP Officejet Pro 8600 from the computer, I get an error ready that says the HP 8600 can't be found. However, when I print, I don't get any kind of error reading. (BTW - I've been using this machine to scan for the past 3-4 weeks.) Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give me with this!

:womanvery-happy:

8 REPLIES 8
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,611 749 1,788
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi RobbieLee,

Welcome to the HP Forums! :generic:

I see that you are having trouble scanning with your HP Officejet Pro 8600.

I have a few questions for you:

1.) What Operating System are you using? Windows or Mac? What version?

2.) How is the printer connected? Wireless or USB?

3.) Can you make copies with the printer?

Hope to hear back from you, and have a great day! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Cgmurphy
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I can print okay, but not scan.  I get the same message as the previous person that the 8600 can't be found.  I am using an ENVY 17, connected to the printer wirelessly, on Windows 7.  All internet conncetions are okay. 

RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,611 749 1,788
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Cgmurphy,

Welcome to the HP Forums! Smiley Happy

I would recommend the following:

1.) Try our HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2.) Take a look at this guide. A 'Connection Error' or 'No Computer Detected' Error Message Displays during Scanning.

Hope this helps, and have a great day! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Cgmurphy
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but it still doesn't work....:catfrustrated:

RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,611 749 1,788
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Cgmurphy,

Thank you for your response! Smiley Happy

I would try to install the printer with a USB cable, in order to prove if it could be a problem with the router. 'Device Driver Software Was Not Successfully Installed' Message Displays in Windows 7 When Installin....

Otherwise, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

RobbieLee
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RnRMusicMan,

Thank you for your response. I'm using Windows 7. I have the HP 8600 connected to my computer via a USB. And yes! I can make copies and print. And until a couple weeks ago I could scan. This message that the "HP 8600 can't be found" is new and only comes up when I try to scan.

Thank you again!

RobbieLee

RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,611 749 1,788
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi RobbieLee,

Thank you for your reply! Smiley Happy

I would recommend the following:

1.) Try our HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2.) Take a look at this guide. A 'Connection Error' or 'No Computer Detected' Error Message Displays during Scanning.

If that doesn't work, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

IAskWhy
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not sure how HP feels this is an appropriate approach to helping using these generic responses.  HP should hire administrators to man these message sites that can actually help with these issues.  Very dissappointing to not just find a step by step answer to a problem it looks like many others are having.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation